08 May, 2012

Finding Out



Hello! Thank you so much for all the sweet and wonderful congratulations on our big announcement yesterday! Levi and I were blown away by all the love we received on my blog and all over the rest of the Internet! It felt SO GOOD to finally share this big news that we've been keeping secret for the last few months.

I am now 14 weeks pregnant! Our due date is 6 November... although, I'm hoping for a Halloween baby. Good luck on that one, right??! First babies aren't exactly known for coming early, especially in my family. But a girl can hope!

We were completely shocked by this pregnancy. After my miscarriage, I had decided that I wanted to wait awhile to try again. Well, God had something else in mind because I got pregnant immediately after the miscarriage. I never even had a period after!

Finding out we were pregnant again was quite an experience. I had feared that I wouldn't feel happy or joyful the next time... and I was right. In fact, I honestly felt upset when I saw the second line forming on the pregnancy test. It wasn't that I didn't want a baby; I was just really scared. I didn't feel like I could handle losing another baby, and I was angry that what should have been a joyful experience was tainted by the knowledge of what could happen.

We had brunch plans with Chris and Stacey the morning we found out. I was three days late and hadn't really thought much of it (I figured I would be irregular after the miscarriage), but I decided to take a test just in case. About fifteen shocked minutes later, I was texting Stacey to let her know we'd be late for brunch. We drove down to Laguna Beach to meet them, and I remember listening to this song in the car and quietly weeping. It was then that I decided I wouldn't be afraid of the horrible possibilities. I decided I would put my faith in God and trust Him with whatever happened, regardless of whether or not I ever got to meet this new little life forming inside of me. I felt peace, and I held onto that peace and faith throughout those first uncertain weeks.

Chris and Stacey were the first people we told. There was absolutely no way we could have made it through brunch without sharing our news. They would have thought we were on drugs if we hadn't told them; that's how shocked we were. They were both really excited for us and had nothing but positive things to say. It was perfect actually. It helped us start to feel some excitement about the future. And really, I would have told Stacey that same day anyway... I texted Camilla later that afternoon to let her know too.

We had already had plans to go to Disneyland the next day (one of Levi's clients signed us in - woo!), and I was not about to let a brand new pregnancy stop me from going. I looked at it as my last chance to go on any roller coasters for the next 9+ months. We went on EVERYTHING, and it was so much fun. It rained a lot that day, so the park was pretty empty. We tried to stick it out so we could see World of Color, but pregnancy fatigue was already setting in, and we only made it 'til about 5:00 in the afternoon.

That whole weekend was exactly what we needed. Everything had been planned at the perfect time, and everything helped ease us into this new phase of life. And now, we're completely thrilled that I'm pregnant (especially since the wretched first trimester is ending). We can't wait to find out if baby is a boy or a girl, and we love talking about what kind of parents we want to be and the things we hope to teach our child. I'll probably blog a lot about being pregnant... hopefully, that doesn't get annoying. It's just on my mind a lot, you know?! I'm so happy and relieved to finally get to talk about it here on my blog. I was really running out of things to say before (I don't enjoy keeping secrets at all), but now I have all sorts of things to go on and on about! :)


10 comments:

  1. GAH! My birthday is November 6-- I can speak to it as a very good birthday. I've enjoyed it for 26 years :)

    Congratulations on the beginning of another amazing, joyful adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am inspired by your determination to trust God through the fear. Can't wait to read along as you journey through this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A huge congrats! I'm sure it was scary at first, given what you've ben through, but sounds like it's moving along swimmingly so far. :) Sending all kinds of positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tears filled my eyes as i read this post. i have been praying daily for you ever since your post about your miscarriage, so i am so incredibly happy to read this wonderful news! :) continuing to pray daily for a healthy momma and baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Happy news is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited to follow along! I'm due with my first on November 1, so it'll be fun to see how you're doing along the way. :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing this with us, this is such a beautiful memory.
    I know we don't know each other but I can't help be be SOOO happy for you guys.
    I'm kinda sad I didn't follow your blog before, but now I'll stick around and I promise you to continue being supportive and happy for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Push for November 7th! That's a great birthday (and my 30th to be exact!) So happy for you lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you guys, I love this blog. So, so happy for you both! I'm praising our ever faithful God for knowing exactly what we need, even when we think otherwise! and I am also in support of lots of baby blogging ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful news!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comment moderation is on so if you don't see your comment... that's why! :)

P.S. If you have a question, check back for a response in the comment field. Or you can click "subscribe by email" in the comments section for notification of new comments on this thread.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...